sorry about this question but i need your help
?what is the negative rectal prolapse
and
are there any surgical repair?
and if there is repair where and how much

thank you

SKYCRUISER
05-11-04, 05:43 AM
sorry 4 that.....I think our doct does not understand english(ern)what a doctor loooool

Dr.yehya
07-11-04, 06:17 AM
In The Name Of Allah

Accept My Deep apologies I was so busy with work specially in makkah in this holy season, about your Q.S
Rectal prolapse is the protrusion of the rectal mucous membrane through the anus. In the pediatric population, rectal prolapse is most commonly a self-limited and benign condition. Always consider rectal prolapse as a presenting sign of an underlying condition and not a discrete disease entity unto itself

Rectal prolapse was more common 50 years ago than now, and this decreased occurrence is thought to be due to improved nutrition and hygiene in industrialized countries. Prolapse of the rectum may involve only the mucosa, which is the least serious form and is most common in the pediatric population, or it may involve all layers of the rectum protruding through the anus (procidentia).

Most cases of childhood prolapse occur in patients younger than 4 years, with the highest incidence in the first year of life. Anatomic considerations related to this early presentation include the vertical course of the rectum along the straight surface of the sacrum and coccyx, the relatively low position of the rectum in relation to other pelvic organs, the increased mobility of the sigmoid colon, the relative lack of support by the levator ani muscle, the loose attachment of the rectal mucosa to the underlying muscularis, and the absence of Houston valves in about 75% of infants.

Predisposing factors include increased intra-abdominal pressure due to straining (as often occurs in toilet training), diarrhea, parasitic and neoplastic disease, cystic fibrosis, and malnutrition (loss of ischiorectal fat pad). Although cystic fibrosis is not a likely diagnosis in patients presenting with rectal prolapse, a sweat test is indicated in all patients presenting without an underlying anatomic abnormality

Surgical Care: Injection procedures: Injection procedures use either phenol in oil or isotonic sodium chloride solution as a sclerosant to promote adhesion formation stabilizing the rectum.
Thiersch operation: Known as a sling procedure, this operation uses synthetic materials to surgically create a perianal sling to support the rectum

and if u ask about this operation any doctor who involve in the field he could lead u to the best doctor but fron my side i dont know any body

thanks

AAMB
07-11-04, 08:44 PM
thank you a lot doctor
but my question i think ununderstood

i said negative

in another word
rectal relapse

(( go inside under the effect any force ((

again thank you free much and i hope from you to guide me or ask any doctor in this field

Dr.yehya
08-11-04, 12:17 PM
read again please, its very clear i coverd u r Q.S